Be aware that the update on the Microsoft Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2016. It doesn't apply to the Office 2016 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
- If the Office service that resolves federation provider returns failure, Office applications will cache the error for three days. During this time, you can't sign in work accounts (AAD).
- When you open documents from SharePoint Online of your tenant, documents are incorrectly opened in the protected view.
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB3114705 for 32-bit version of Office 2016
- Download update KB3114705 for 64-bit version of Office 2016
- Start an Office 2016 application.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2016 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2016|
Article ID: 3114705 - Last Review: Jan 22, 2017 - Revision: 2