Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.
- Exit all Microsoft Office applications.
- Start Registry Editor:
- In Windows 10, go to Start, enter regedit in the Search box, and then select regedit.exe in the search results.
- In Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, move your mouse to the upper-right corner, select Search, enter regedit in the search text box, and then select regedit.exe in the search results.
- In Windows 7 or Windows Vista, select Start, enter regedit in the Start Search box, and then select regedit.exe in the search results.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Cached Mode
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then select DWORD Value.
- Enter AllowAutoDiscoverForNonOutlook, and then press Enter.
- In the Details pane, press and hold (or right-click) AllowAutoDiscoverForNonOutlook, and then select Modify.
- In the Value data box, enter 1, and then select OK.
Note If you set the value to 1, non-Outlook MAPI applications can use the Autodiscover service to receive connection settings during IMAPISession::OpenMsgStore, when the target is an Exchange mailbox. If you set the value to 0 or leave the value unset, the Autodiscover service can't be used during IMAPISession::OpenMsgStore, which sometimes results in a failure to open the mailbox.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Article ID: 3114974 - Last Review: Apr 5, 2016 - Revision: 1