- Translates some terms in multiple languages to make sure that the meaning is accurate.
- Fixes the following issue:As part of SharePoint database upgrade, the members of the db_owner role are deleted from the role, except for the "dbo" user and the user who runs the upgrade. This is done for enhanced security to make sure that an errant account isn't inadvertently left with the db_owner role permissions. However, there may be situations where this behavior isn't desirable. For example, RBS may be broken every time that an upgrade is run. In this situation, a registry key is added to bypass this behavior.
Note Before you install this update, follow the steps in the Registry information section to create the registry key.
Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you change the registry incorrectly. Before you change it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.
After you install this update, you can follow these steps to control the metafiles optimization:
- Start Registry Editor:
- In Windows Server 2012, if you're using a mouse, move it to the upper-right corner, go to Search, enter regedit in the search text box, and then select regedit.exe in the search results.
- In Windows Server 2008, go to Start, enter regedit in the Search programs and files text box, and then select regedit.exe in the search results.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Web Server Extensions\15.0\WSS\
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then select DWORD Value.
- Enter BypassDboDropMember, and then press the Enter key.
- In the Details pane, press and hold (or right-click) BypassDboDropMember, and then select Modify.
- In the Value data box, enter 1, and then select OK.
Note If you don't want to bypass the behavior, you can set the value to 0.
- Exit Registry Editor.
PrerequisiteTo apply this update, you must have Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2013 Service Pack 1 installed.
Restart informationYou don't have to restart the computer after you install this update.
Article ID: 3118371 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 4