Be aware that the update on the Microsoft Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2016. It doesn't apply to the Office 2016 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
Improvements and fixes
- Adds the ability to specify the Warn me before downloading content when editing, forwarding, or replying to e-mail option through a registry key. See KB3118321 for more information.
- Fixes the following issues:
- Assume that you create a contact on a mobile phone and synchronize it to Outlook 2016 that runs in cache mode. When you select the contact as a recipient and send an encrypted email message to the recipient, you receive the following error message: Outlook had problems encrypting this message because the following recipients had missing or invalid certificates.
- After you add a secondary Office 365 account from a different domain to the same profile in Outlook 2016, you can't send encrypted email messages.
- Outlook 2016 may crash when you run scripts to open folders that contain RSS feeds.
- The AutoDiscover task leaks files in the temp folder. When the temp directory is full, you can't open some email messages and AutoDiscover fails.
- You can't synchronize data from shared mailboxes if public folders are inaccessible.
- The getCallbackTokenAsync API fails for an add-in when it's called from a Module Extension Point.
- When you press the Delete key two times for an attachment in Outlook 2016, Outlook 2016 may crash.
- You can't forward a meeting from the calendar to another recipient.
- Assume that you enable the Never send a read receipt option in Outlook 2016. When you empty unread items that has the Request a Read Receipt option enabled, the Not read message is still generated.
- Assume that you create a contact on a mobile phone and synchronize it to Outlook 2016 that runs in cache mode. When you select the contact as a recipient and send an encrypted email message to the recipient, you receive the following error message:
How to download and install the update
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB3127912 for 32-bit version of Outlook 2016
- Download update KB3127912 for 64-bit version of Outlook 2016
- Start an Office 2016 application.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2016 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2016|