- You set up a Transactional replication environment in which the publisher is an on-premises database.
- The on-premises database is hosted on a server that's running Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 3 (SP3), Cumulative Update 7 for SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 2 (SP2), SQL Server 2014, or 2016.
- The subscriber is an Azure SQL database.
However, when you apply the snapshot to the subscriber database, the Distribution Agent fails. Additionally, you receive an error message that resembles the following:
(Source: MSSQLServer, Error number: 468)
Cumulative update informationThis issue is fixed in the following updates:
- Cumulative Update 1 for SQL Server 2016
- Cumulative Update 13 for SQL Server 2014
- Cumulative Update 6 for SQL Server 2014 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Cumulative Update 3 for SQL Server 2012 SP3
- Cumulative Update 11 for SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- Downgrade from SQL Server 2012 SP3 to Cumulative Update 4 (build 11.00.5569) for SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 2.
- Change the collations of the involved databases to be the same as the server collation on Azure SQL Database (SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS).
Article ID: 3131443 - Last Review: Jul 26, 2016 - Revision: 1