Be aware that the update in the Microsoft Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2013. It doesn't apply to the Office 2013 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
Improvements and fixes
- Assume that you save a project that has timephased baseline data to the XML format. When you open the XML file, the timephased baseline data is incorrect.
- In Project Professional, you can now add the Locked field to a task view to facilitate closing tasks to update.
In Microsoft Project Server, team members have project tasks assigned to them and they report their status (the work that they have performed) on these tasks. In some cases, a project manager may want to close these tasks to update so that team members are prevented from submitting status but still have visibility to the tasks.
To achieve this, previously the project manager had to edit the project in Project Web App and set the Locked field on the given tasks in the project. Now, in order to lock or close tasks to update, the project manager can open their project in Project Professional and insert the Locked field into a task view where they can set the value to Yes or No as appropriate.
- When you apply status updates in PWA, actual work is added to some assignments unexpectedly. For example, suppose that you have an assignment that has 35 hours total work and the status update is to apply 9 hours. When you view the results in Project Professional, you find that the assignment is unexpectedly completed. Meanwhile, the total work and the actual work have increased to 400 hours.
- When you open a project from a SharePoint document library through a direct URL, the project is opened as checked-out even though the Require documents to be checked out before they can be edited? setting is enabled.
- The Last Modified date in the Project Professional Open dialog box does not reflect the current time zone. For example, your time zone is Pacific Time (UTC-08:00) and the Last Modified date shows 09:15 instead of the expected 01:15.
- When you save a baseline for a selected task, the task or assignment baseline values may be incorrectly rolled-up to and displayed on the related resources.
How to download and install the update
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB3141470 for 32-bit version of Project 2013
- Download update KB3141470 for 64-bit version of Project 2013
- Start Microsoft Project 2013.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|