This public update delivers the first feature pack (Feature Pack 1) for SharePoint Server 2016 that contains the following features:
- Administrative Actions Logging
- MinRole enhancements
- SharePoint Custom Tiles
- Hybrid Auditing (preview)
- Hybrid Taxonomy
- OneDrive API for SharePoint on-premises
- OneDrive for Business modern experience (available to Software Assurance customers)
Improvements and fixes
- This update deletes the Napa install option from SharePoint Server 2016.
- This update changes how IIS application pools are stopped and restarted during SharePoint patching to provide better patching performance.
- This update fixes the following issues in SharePoint Server 2016:
- You don‘t receive the Check Out & Open prompt when you open documents in SharePoint Server 2016 in Adobe Acrobat DC.
- When you set up an External Identity Manager, the group membership isn't synchronized as usual. This update now includes a new timer job "Updates Profile Memberships and Relationships Job" that runs by default every five minutes to update the changes after an import.
- After you join a new server to a farm, the new farm can't detect the side-by-side farm settings and it won't copy the side-by-side files. This issue causes incorrect rendering of some webpages.
- This update fixes the following issues in Project Server 2016:
- Timephased data on material resources may be incorrect if updates come from PWA. For example, you have a material contour that resembles the following:
10,10,10,10In PWA, the team member reports the following:
5,10When the update is displayed in Project Professional, the material contour resembles the following:
5,10,25Instead, the contour should be like:
- After you edit a project in PWA, formulas that rely on the Now() function and the [Current Date] property aren't calculated.