To learn more about the vulnerability, see Microsoft Security Bulletin MS16-033.
How to obtain and install the update
Method 1: Windows Update
Get security updates automatically.
Note For Windows RT 8.1, this update is available through Windows Update only.
- All future security and non-security updates for Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 require update 2919355 to be installed. We recommend that you install update 2919355 on your Windows RT 8.1-based, Windows 8.1-based, or Windows Server 2012 R2-based computer so that you receive future updates.
- If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
Additional information about this security update
The following articles contain additional information about this security update as it relates to individual product versions. The articles may contain known issue information.
- 3139398 MS16-033: Description of the security update for Windows USB mass storage class driver: March 8, 2016
- 3140745 Cumulative Update for Windows 10: March 8, 2016
- 3140768 Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4: March 8, 2016