To learn more about the vulnerability, see Microsoft Security Bulletin MS16-061.
- All future security and non-security updates for Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 require update 2919355 to be installed. We recommend that you install update 2919355 on your Windows RT 8.1-based, Windows 8.1-based, or Windows Server 2012 R2-based computer so that you receive future updates.
- If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
The following articles contain additional information about this security update as it relates to individual product versions. The articles may contain known issue information.
- 3153704 MS16-061: Description of the security update for RPC: April 12, 2016
- 3153171 MS16-060 and MS16-061: Description of the security update for RPC and for Windows kernel: April 12, 2016
- 3156387Cumulative update for Windows 10: April 12, 2016
- 3156421Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4: April 12, 2016
Method 1: Windows Update
Get security updates automatically.
Note For Windows RT 8.1, this update is available through Windows Update only.
Article ID: 3155520 - Last Review: Jun 27, 2016 - Revision: 1