Product bug (s) ID, or bug(s) link: (e.g. Windows SE:123456)
The request fails with a status of KDC_ERR_POLICY (0xc) and an extended status of STATUS_AUTHENTICATION_FIREWALL_FAILED (0xc0000413).
This only occurs when the client is using a renewed TGT for the TGS request.
When renewing the TGT the KDC does not set a flag in the ticket that allows it to be used for explicit armouring.
When the client uses the renewed TGT, it will not send explicit armouring that is required for the authentication policy to succeed.
- Distribution method (Microsoft Download Center | Hotfix Server | Windows Update etc.):
- External/Internal location of the update/hotfix packages (e.g. file share, http://hotfix , DLC, WU):
- Prerequisites to install the software update:
- Restart requirements (if you must reboot, explain why):
- After installation information: (e.g. A registry key should be enabled)
- This software update replaces the following software updates:
- This software update is schedules to ship in the following service pack(s)
Notes/more information for the author:
Article ID: 3162159 - Last Review: Jan 7, 2017 - Revision: 1