Registry key information
ImportantThis section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
To resolve this problem, export the following registry keys and delete from computer.
- Close activation screen.
- On the Start menu, click Run.
- Type regedit, and then press Enter.
- Select the following key in the registry.
- Right click the OEM value and click File>Export.
- Save the key
- Once the key is backed-up, click on Edit>Delete
- Repeat steps 4-7 with following key
Exit Registry Editor
Article ID: 3170450 - Last Review: Jun 15, 2016 - Revision: 1