Update informationA supported update is available from Microsoft Support. We recommend that all customers apply this update to their production systems.
Microsoft SupportIf this update is available for download from Microsoft Support, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, go to the following Microsoft website: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
Known issues in this updateSynchronization Service
After this update is installed, rules extensions and custom management agents (MAs) that are based on Extensible MA (ECMA1 or ECMA 2.0) may not run and may produce a run status of "stopped-extension-dll-load." This issue occurs when you run such rules extensions or custom MAs after you change the configuration file (.config) for one of the following processes:
In this case, the synchronization engine installer for this update intentionally does not replace the configuration file to avoid deleting your previous changes. Because the configuration file is not replaced, entries that are required by this update will not be present in the files, and the synchronization engine will not load any rules extension DLLs when the engine runs a Full Import or Delta Sync run profile.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Make a backup copy of the MIIServer.exe.config file.
- Open the MIIServer.exe.config file in a text editor or in Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Find the <runtime> section in the MIIServer.exe.config file, and then replace the content of the <dependentAssembly> section with the following:
<assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.MetadirectoryServicesEx" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />
<bindingRedirect oldVersion="18.104.22.168-22.214.171.124" newVersion="126.96.36.199" />
- Save the changes to the file.
- Find the Mmsscrpt.exe.config file in the same directory and the Dllhost.exe.config in the parent directory. Repeat steps 1 through 4 for these two files.
- Restart the Forefront Identity Manager Synchronization Service (FIMSynchronizationService).
- Verify that the rules extensions and custom management agents now work as expected.
If you install FIM Reporting on a new server that has Microsoft System Center 2012 Service Manager Service Pack 1 installed, follow these steps:
- Install the FIM 2010 R2 SP1 FIMService component. To do this, clear the Reporting check box.
- Install this hotfix rollup to upgrade the FIM Service to build 4.1.3766.0.
- Run the change-mode installation for the FIM Service, and then add Reporting.
If reporting is enabled and the change-mode installation is run for FIM Service and Portal, you must be re-enable reporting. To do this in the FIM Identity Management Portal, follow these steps:
- In the Administration menu, click All Resources.
- Under All Resources, click System Configuration Settings.
- Click the System Configuration Settings object, and then open the Properties dialog box of this object.
- Click Extended Attributes, and then select the Reporting Logging Enabled check box.
- Click OK, and then click Submit to save the change.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must have Forefront Identity Manager 2010 R2 (build 4.1.3419.0 or a later build) installed.
For BHOLD deployments of the BHOLD FIM Integration, Access Management Connector or Reporting modules, you must have hotfix rollup package 2934816 (build 4.3.3510.0) or a later build installed on your FIM servers before you apply this update to the BHOLD modules.
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply the Add-ins and Extensions (Fimaddinsextensions_xnn_kb3171318.msp) package. Additionally, you may have to restart the server components.
Replacement informationThis update replaces update 2934816 (build 4.1.3510.0) for Forefront Identity Manager 2010 R2.
Hotfix release build numbers
|Forefront Identity Manager||4.1.3766.0|
|Access Management Connector||5.0.3468.0|