This security update resolves vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office that could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted Office file. To learn more about these vulnerabilities, see Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-014.
Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Excel 2016 installed on the computer.
For a complete list of affected versions of Microsoft Office software, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article KB4013241.
Improvements and fixes
- Improves the translation for the VLOOKUP function and an incorrect caption when you delete a sheet in Excel 2016.
- Adds an option to disable automatic grouping of date and time columns in PivotTables in Excel 2016.
- When you save a file that has certain future content created in later versions of Excel in Excel 2016, Excel crashes.
- When you open a password protected Excel Workbook through a hyperlink, a blank Excel window appears.
- Adds some new Get & Transform features in Excel 2016. See KB3141518 for more information.
- Keyboard support for Office add-ins in the Backstage is broken.
- When you use the Allow Users to Edit Ranges function to add a user to a range data in Excel 2016, Excel crashes.
Security update deployment informationFor deployment information about this update, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article KB4013241.
Security update replacement informationThis security update replaces previously released security update KB3128016.
File hash information
|Package Name||Package Hash SHA 1||Package Hash SHA 2|