This security update resolves vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office that could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted Office file. To learn more about these vulnerabilities, see Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-014.
Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Word 2016 installed on the computer.
For a complete list of affected versions of Microsoft Office software, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 4013241.
Improvements and fixes
- Improve the memory consumption for Microsoft Word 2016.
- Modern attachments do not appear correctly in recipients' mailboxes.
- If a document has certain OpenType fonts, the print preview and the printout of the document are different.
- You can't perform mail merge with a header file by using Office Open XML documents.
- Plain text content control does not preserve the font in VBA if the Windows language isn't English.
- Ruby text is expanded and it appears multiple times in meeting items in Microsoft Outlook 2016.
- When you put the pointer on a hyperlink, a bubble that contains the actual link is displayed. However, it disappears in a short time, so it's difficult for you to read the link.
- It takes a long time when you repaginate a document that has a StyleRef field in Word 2016.
- When you print a document that has markup in balloons in Word 2016, Word may crash.
- When you delete inline shapes and add a comment in Word 2016, Word may crash.
- When you open a document that contains text written from right to left (for example, Hebrew or Arabic text) and optional hyphens, Word 2016 may crash in some rare cases.
- When you print a finalized document that has date and time fields inserted in Word 2016, the date and time is not displayed.
- When you reply or forward an email message in Outlook 2016, the spelling checker still checks the previous messages even if the Ignore original message text in reply or forward option is enabled.
- Character borders aren't displayed in Word 2016 for characters positioned to the left of the line's origination point (for example, in cases of negative indent).
- When you change the position of a picture font to Raised or Lowered in Word 2016, you experience unexpected scroll up and down.
- Top and bottom paragraph borders for text inside a table may not be displayed at some zoom levels in Word 2016.
Security update deployment information
For deployment information about this update, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 4013241.
Security update replacement information
This security update replaces previously released security update 3128057.
File hash information
|Package Name||Package Hash SHA 1||Package Hash SHA 2|