Administrators who opted-in to the early wave deployment for System Center Configuration Manager current branch, version 1606, have an update available in the Updates and Servicing node of the Configuration Manager console. This update was made available on August 5, 2016, and it addresses critical, late-breaking issues that were discovered during the final release process for version 1606. It does not apply to sites that update or install version 1606 after August 3, 2016.
Issues that are fixed
- When you select the Update all clients in the hierarchy using production client option on the Client Upgrade tab of Hierarchy Settings Properties, an exception occurs. The exception details resemble the following:ConfigMgr Error Object:
instance of SMS_ExtendedStatus
Description = "Failed to save current auto-update configuration"
ErrorCode = 2147500037
- 3174008 Software update installation freezes on System Center Configuration Manager clients
- The Production and Preproduction Client Deployment dashboards show inaccurate client counts.
- The Device Compliance section of the Software Center application may incorrectly show a state of Compliant. This affects only the user interface and not the actual compliance state of the device.
- After you upgrade a site to version 1606, the Service Connection Point incorrectly shows an error state that indicates the role is not available. If the Service Connection Point is already showing this error state, the following additional steps are required after you install this update:
- Change the Availability State registry value from 1 to 4 under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\Operations Management\SMS Server Role\SMS Dmp Connector.
- Restart the SMS Executive service on the site server.
- The SMS Agent Host (ccmexec.exe) process consumes excessive CPU resources on Pull Distribution Points after you update to version 1606.
- When you distribute a software update package that contains many updates (500 or more) to a Pull Distribution Point, the SMS Agent Host process (ccmexec.exe) stops responding. On examination, the ccmexec.exe thread count, as seen through Task Manager or other tools, shows that approximately 512 threads that are used.
Update information for System Center Configuration Manager, version 1606This update is available for installation in the Updates and Servicing node of the Configuration Manager console for environments that were installed by using Technology Adoption Program (TAP) or early wave (Fast Ring) builds of version 1606 before August 3, 2016.
Note Installation of this update does not automatically change existing Pull Distribution Points. For existing Pull Distribution Points, create a file and name it resetPulldps.trn in the \DistMgr.box folder on the Configuration Manager Site server. This triggers an update of those systems.