Issues that are fixed in this update rollup
- Network discovery fails because of monitoring host crash if no paging file is set on the operating system
When no paging file is set on the operating system, the page file size is implicitly set to 0. This causes the monitoring host to crash. This update fixes such an exception.
- Backport PuTTY 0.64 and 0.66 updates from 2016 release
Operations Managers ssh-based administration of UNIX/Linux computers (agent discovery and installation, upgrade, uninstallation) now supports UNIX and Linux computers that are configured to require SHA2 HMACs and those with Key Exchange Algorithm changes, as specified in RFC 4419 (Ubuntu 15.10, 16.04 LTS).
- Update Register-SCAdvisor cmdlet for WEU workspaces
This update adds support to register the Operations Manager Management group to workspaces in regions other than Eastern US by using the Register-SCAdvisor cmdlet. The cmdlet takes an additional optional parameter (SettingServiceUrl), which is the URL for setting the service in the region of the workspace. If it is not specified, the workspace is assumed to be in the Eastern US.
- ACS eventschema.xml has incorrect parameter mappings for multiple audit events
The report named Usage_-_Sensitive_Security_Groups_Changes used to say n/a\n/a for some events in the Changed By column. And in some events, the Member User column contained the account name of the user who made the change instead of the account that was added or removed. This fix resolves this issue, as the Changed By column now contains the account name of the user who made the change, and the Member User column contains the name of the added or removed account, where applicable.
- Memory leak when monitoring network devices by using SNMPv3
This update fixes a memory leak in Network Monitoring area that occurs while monitoring network devices by using SNMPv3.
- Web Console user can view datawarehouse performance or SLA widget data outside of their scoped dashboard views
This update implements verification of the logged-in user to confirm that the user has access to the opened dashboard before loading the same.
- Downtime duration doesn't take business hour into consideration
Business hours are being calculated even when the Business hours check box is cleared. This update resolves this issue.
The updated RDL files are located in the following location:%SystemDrive%\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\Operations Manager\Server\Reporting
To update the RDL file, follow these steps:
- Go to http://MachineName/Reports_INSTANCE1/Pages/Folder.aspxMachineName //Reporting Server.
- On this page, go to the folder to which you want to add the RDL file. In this case, click Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Report.Library.
- Upload the new RDL files by clicking the upload button at the top. For more information, see the Upload a File or Report (Report Manager) topic on the Microsoft Developer Network website.
- Cisco 3172 PQ network device certification issues
This update fixes issues in monitoring the Cisco 3172 PQ network device and its components.
- Adding SCOM assessment links in the Operations Management Suite view in the SCOM console
Links for Operations Manager Assessment and Pre-Configuration steps for Operations Manager Assessment are added in the Operations Management Suite Connection node under the administration pane. SCOM assessment solution in OMS is currently in private preview, please reach out to your "TAM or other Microsoft contact" to obtain access to the solution.
- SQL Server Seed relationship with a server that is running Windows
The dynamic members of the group are not populated if the dynamic rule is based on a hosted relationship with Windows Server. This fix enables retrieval of hosting entity.
- Alert subscriptions are not always fired for 3 state monitors
This update allows for configuration of a 3 state monitor to raise alerts; whose severity is in sync with monitor’s health state. One can create a subscription to be notified on modification of alert severity. Even if the monitor’s state keeps toggling between warning and critical, severity of the alert keeps being updated, and a notification fired on an update to the severity of an alert.
- When you connect SCOM to OMS, Availability monitors health state of some management servers changes to Warning state
If OMS workspace is configured to collect certain event logs and if those event logs are not present on the management servers that are connected to that workspace, the “Availability” monitor’s health state on those management servers that are used to change the Warning state. This state change scenario is fixed. This prevents the switch to Warning state.
- RunAs Account password expiration does not work with Active directory Password Settings Objects that breaks the validation of LOCAL User Accounts
Local Accounts could not be validated by using ADSystemInfo. Therefore, when any local account is added into RunAs account, an Error event is logged in Event Viewer for an exception in validating the local account. After this update, local accounts are validated.
- MPB Entries in Catalog database for the VersionIndependentGuid column is updated
This update enables the SCOM console to show the correct mpb installation status in the management server when it tries to connect to an online catalog to update mpbs.
- If the first try of importing MPB failed then re-importing the MPB was not possible until the SCOM console is closed and reopened
This update enables re-download and installation of an mpb, without closing and reopening the SCOM console, even if the first try installation of that mpb failed because of a dependency issue.
- Change of the displayname field for a group in a sealed or unsealed management pack
Renaming a group through PowerShell cmdlets was not displaying the new group name in the SCOM console. This update resolves this issue and the renaming of a group correctly displays the renamed group name in the SCOM console.
New Linux operating system versions supported
- Ubuntu Linux 16.04 LTS (x86 and x64) is now supported in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
Issues that are fixed in the UNIX and Linux management packs
- During UNIX/Linux computer discovery, the GetOSVersion.sh script is run with sudo elevation if a sudo-enabled user is selected for Discovery. This update prevents the GetOSVersion.sh script from being run with sudo elevation and does not have to be authorized in the /etc/sudoers folder.
- Scripts executed by the ExecuteScript method in Management Packs always run from the /tmp folder. With this update, the temporary folder for scripts is now configurable. To use another folder, update the symbolic link to link to a temporary folder of your choice:/etc/opt/microsoft/scx/conf/tmpdir
- UNIX or Linux computers together with sshd versions that implement the Key Exchange Algorithms described in RFC 4419, such as Ubuntu 15.10, cannot be discovered with the Discovery Wizard.
- Network statistics collected on AIX servers are reset when another tool such as NetStat is also used.
- Physical disks are shown incorrectly as offline if an LVM snapshot is taken.
How to obtain and install Update Rollup 11 for System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager
Download informationUpdate packages for Operations Manager are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
Microsoft UpdateTo obtain and install an update package from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a computer that has an Operational Manager component installed:
- Click Start and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the Update Rollup package and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the update package.
Manual download of the update packagesGo to the following website to manually download the update packages from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
Article ID: 3183990 - Last Review: Aug 30, 2016 - Revision: 1