To fix this issue, take both of the following actions:
- Install the update for Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013).
- Create the EnableDetectProxyForAllConnections registry value and set it to 1.
To create the EnableDetectProxyForAllConnections registry value, follow these steps:
- Exit Lync/Skype for Business client.
Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, select Search, and then type regedit.exe in the search box. Or, type regedit.exe at the Start screen, and then select regedit in the search results.
- Start Registry Editor.
- Locate and then select the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\UCCPlatform\Lync
- On the Edit menu, select New, and then select DWORD Value.
- Type EnableDetectProxyForAllConnections.
- On the Edit menu, select Modify.
- Type 1, and then select OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Start Lync/Skype for Business client.
Lync 2013 was upgraded to Skype for Business in April 2015.