How to obtain this hotfixThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the hotfix package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, you must have Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 installed.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix if no instance of Visual Studio is being used.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix doesn't replace other hotfixes.
- Fixes a bug in the optimizer when hoisting a loop-variant conditional store outside a loop.
- Fixes four integer division bugs in the optimizer:
- Fixes a stack overflow in the optimizer.
- Fixes an issue that occurs when you remove a redundant floating point conversion.
- Fixes a crash in the optimizer when splitting flow graph nodes in a default statement of a switch block.
- Fixes a bug in the loop optimizer where we perform incorrect strength reduction of unsigned secondary induction variables that are multiples of the primary induction variable.
- Offers a workaround for C4883 "
: function size suppresses optimizations".
- Fixes for a compiler crash in c2!PpCanPropagateForward when you perform optimizations on x64.
- Fixes for loop optimizer bugs which involve incorrect induction variable strength reduction.
- Fixes for incorrect reordering of expressions which involve reads & writes to memory because of incorrect alias checking.
- Fixes for a register allocator bug which involves a compiler-generated temporary existing across multiple exception handling regions.
Article ID: 3207317 - Last Review: Feb 1, 2017 - Revision: 2