This article describes the issues that are fixed in Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft System Center 2016 Service Manager. Additionally, it contains the installation instructions for this update rollup.
Issues that are fixed in this update rollup
- System Center Configuration Manager 1702 is now supported in this Service Manager update for Configuration Manager Connectors.
- You as an administrator create a new Exchange Connector through the System Center 2016 Service Manager console. When you click the Test Connection button in the Server Connection pane of the Create Exchange Connector wizard, you receive an exception.
- Requests that are created through the Self-Service Portal always have the Source field of the work item set as Portal and the Status field set as New. These values are not overwritten when a template or Request Offering input mapping is applied.
- In the Self-Service Portal, the Request Offering forms display validation errors in English, even when a non-English language is selected.
- The Self-Service Portal does not display the full name of users (such as the reviewers list for Review Activity and implementer for Manual Activity) but instead only displays the domain\user-name information for the user.
- The My Requests and the My Activities pages do not load in the Self-Service Portal if the object associated to a work item class has duplicate properties that have the same name because of class inheritance.
How to obtain Update Rollup 2 for System Center 2016 Service Manager
Update packages for Service Manager are available for manual download.
Go to the following website to manually download the update packages from the Microsoft Download Center: