You may experience one of the following symptoms:
- A Recording tab does not appear in the properties of your CD-R/CD-RW drive.
- You cannot copy files to the CD-R/CD-RW drive.
- You receive the following error message: The disk in the drive is not a writable CD or it is full.
This behavior occurs because the IMAPI CD-Burning COM service is set to Disabled. By default, the IMAPI CD-Burning COM service is turned off in Windows Server 2003 because this service is not considered a critical service on a server.
To work around this behavior:
- Click Start, and then click Administrative Tools.
- Click Services.
- Right-click IMAPI CD-Burning COM service, and then click Properties.
- Set the Startup type to Automatic.
- Click Start to start the service, and then click OK.
This behavior is by design.