This article describes update 4011243 for Microsoft SharePoint Enterprise Server 2016 that was released on November 14, 2017. This update has a prerequisite.
This public update delivers the first feature pack (Feature Pack 1) for SharePoint Server 2016 that contains the following features:
- Administrative Actions Logging
- MinRole enhancements
- SharePoint Custom Tiles
- Hybrid Auditing (preview)
- Hybrid Taxonomy
- OneDrive API for SharePoint on-premises
- OneDrive for Business modern experience (available to Software Assurance customers)
The OneDrive for Business modern user experience requires an active Software Assurance contract at the time that it is enabled, either by installation of the public update or by manual enablement. If you don't have an active Software Assurance contract at the time of enablement, you must turn off the OneDrive for Business modern user experience. For more information, see New features included in the November 2016 Public Update for SharePoint Server 2016 (Feature Pack 1).
Improvements and fixes
This update contains the following improvements:
- Changes the following Health Analyzer rules:
- Health Analyzer: Accounts used by application pools or service identities are in the local machine Administrators group (SharePoint Server)
- Health Analyzer: Databases running in compatibility range, upgrade recommended (SharePoint Server)
- Health Analyzer: Databases exist on servers running SharePoint Foundation (SharePointServer)
After you install this update, by default, these three rules will be set from ON to OFF, unless you have configured the rules or made changes to the rules.
- Renames the following two Health Analyzer rules titles for better wording.
- "Health Analyzer: Some health analyzer rules do not have associated timer jobs" is renamed to "Health Analyzer: Some Health Analyzer rules are enabled but do not have any associated timer jobs".
- "Health Analyzer: Databases exist on servers running SharePoint Foundation" is renamed to "Health Analyzer: Databases exist on servers running SharePoint".
- Corrects a word wrap for the ProvideLoadKey (PLK) property for the Polish version of SharePoint Server 2016.
- Fixes a word typo for the German version of Office 2016 products.
- Translates some terms in multiple languages to make sure that the meaning is accurate.
How to download and install the update
The English (United States) version of this software update installs files that have the attributes that are listed in the following tables. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). The dates and the times for these files on your local computer are displayed in your local time together with your current daylight saving time (DST) bias. Additionally, the dates and the times may change when you perform certain operations on the files.