Improvements and fixes
This update fixes the following issues:
- After you install the October 10, 2017, cumulative update for SharePoint Enterprise Server 2013 (KB4011177), you cannot create sites in SharePoint Server 2013 if there's no User Profile service application configured.
- Web Part Adder panels and panels entries are not accessible for a screen reader. This update improves the accessibility for Web Part Adder.
- If a SharePoint calendar list is connected to an Exchange calendar and the Exchange hardening mode is turned on, the calendar in SharePoint stops working.
- A screen reader displays the label of an Edit Control Block (ECB) shortcut menu as "Undefined Open Menu" instead of "ItemTitle Open Menu".
- The long non-US-ASCII filenames are truncated after you download the file from SharePoint.
- The Email a Link function on the ribbon produces an incorrect URL in the email body. This issue occurs after you install the update KB3191914 for a SharePoint 2013 farm.
- When you try to insert a reusable content into a page and navigate into a folder in the reusable content UI, the UI only refreshes but doesn't navigate to anywhere.
- If you open and make some changes to a document from SharePoint Server 2013 by using Office Online Server, the changes aren't saved.
- When you access a term and the Term-Driven Page with Friendly URLs option is checked in SharePoint, you receive a “Page Not Found” error if the URL contains an ampersand (&) character.
This update also has the following improvements:
- This update changes the following Health Analyzer rules:
- Health Analyzer: Accounts used by application pools or service identities are in the local machine Administrators group (SharePoint Server)
- Health Analyzer: Databases running in compatibility range, upgrade recommended (SharePoint Server)
- Health Analyzer: Databases exist on servers running SharePoint Foundation (SharePointServer)
After you install this update, by default these three rules will be set from ON to OFF, unless you have configured the rules or made changes to the rules.
- Timer job will store latest 10000 job records instead of 7 days job history in the TimerJobHistory table so that the records will not take too many disk space.