- The Cumulative Update 5 package can be used to run a new installation of Exchange Server 2016 or to upgrade an existing Exchange Server 2016 installation to Cumulative Update 5.
- It's not necessary to install any Exchange Server 2016 cumulative updates or service packs that were released before Cumulative Update 5 before you install this update.
- KB 4015665 SyncDelivery logging folders and files are created in wrong location in Exchange Server 2016
- KB 4015664 A category name that has different case-sensitivity than an existing name is not created in Exchange Server 2016
- KB 4015663 "The message content has become corrupted" exception when email contains a UUE-encoded attachment in Exchange Server 2016
- KB 4015662 Deleted inline picture is displayed as attachment after you switch the message to plain text in Exchange Server 2016
- KB 4015213 Email is still sent to Inbox when the sender is deleted from the Trusted Contacts list in Exchange Server 2016
- KB 4013606 Search fails on Exchange Server 2016 or Exchange Server 2013
- KB 4012994 PostalAddressIndex element isn't returning the correct value in Exchange Server 2016
- KB 3213916 "CommunicationErrorTransientException" error when you migrate mailboxes in Exchange Server 2016
PrerequisitesFor more information about the prerequisites before the setup of Exchange Server 2016, see Exchange 2016 prerequisites.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update package.
Registry informationYou don't have to make any changes to the registry after you apply this cumulative update package.
Removal informationAfter you install this cumulative update package, you can't uninstall the package to revert to an earlier version of Exchange Server 2016. If you uninstall this cumulative update package, Exchange Server 2016 is removed from the server.
For more information about the coexistence of Exchange Server 2016 and earlier versions of Exchange Server in the same environment, see Exchange 2016 system requirements.
For more information about other Exchange updates, see Exchange Server updates: Build numbers and release dates.
Article ID: 4012106 - Last Review: May 22, 2017 - Revision: 14