Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013) on March 6, 2018. This update also includes the new Skype for Business client. The version number of this update is 15.0.5015.1000.
Get update 4018290 for Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)
- The download page will display this update as applicable to Lync 2013.
- After you apply this update, Lync 2013 will be upgraded to Skype for Business.
Get the general information about the new experience in Skype for Business.
- You can still use the Lync client user interface (UI) after you apply this update for Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013).
Get the general information about how to switch between the Skype for Business and the Lync client UI for Microsoft Office 365 users and Lync Server 2013 users.
- For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Issues that the update fixes
This update fixes the following issues:
- KB 4089881 Outlook freezes when creating a Skype meeting in Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)
- KB 4089880 File transfer is allowed in meetings even when EnableExternalP2PFileTransfer is set to false in Skype for Business
- KB 4089885 Upcoming meetings keep missing from the Meetings tab in MSI-based edition of Skype for Business
- KB 4089883 Wrong user name in error message when a call transfer isn't completed in Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013)
Before you install this update, you must install Microsoft Office 2013 Service Pack 1 (KB2817430).
Additionally, to install this update, you must have the following updates installed.
|May 2, 2017, Lynchelploc update for Skype for Business 2015 (Lync 2013) (KB3191873)|
|May 12, 2015, security update (KB3039779) for Skype for Business||See Knowledge Base article 3039779.|
You may have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
The English (United States) version of this software update installs files that have the attributes that are listed in the following tables. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). The dates and the times for these files on your local computer are displayed in your local time together with your current daylight saving time (DST) bias. Additionally, the dates and the times may change when you perform certain operations on the files.
The Office System TechCenter contains the latest administrative updates and strategic deployment resources for all versions of Office. See Office System TechCenter.