This cumulative update resolves a list of issues in Microsoft Lync Server 2013, Persistent Chat. The version number of this update is 5.0.8308.992.
- 4023322 Event ID 53106 "Unable to save message" is logged in Lync server 2013 Persistent Chat Compliance Server
- 4023320 "Your chatroom access may be limited due to an outage" error occurs when you add or remove users in Lync server 2013
Method 1: Cumulative Server Update Installer
The Cumulative Server Update Installer applies all updates for the appropriate server role in one operation. To use the Cumulative Server Update Installer, follow these steps:
Note If User Account Control (UAC) is turned on, you must start the Cumulative Server Update Installer by using elevated permissions to make sure that all updates are installed correctly.
- Download the Cumulative Server Update Installer.
- Run the Cumulative Server Update Installer by using the user interface (UI) or by using a command line.
Note When you click Install Updates, the UI indicates which updates are installed.
To run the Cumulative Server Update Installer, run the following command:
LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exeNote The following text describes parameters that you can use together with the LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exe command:
- The /silentmode switch applies all applicable updates in the background.
- The /silentmode /forcereboot switch applies all applicable updates in the background. Additionally, the switch automatically restarts the server at the end of the installation process if this is necessary.
- The /extractall switch extracts the updates from the installer and saves the updates in a subfolder that's named "Extracted." The subfolder is in the folder in which you ran the command.
Method 2: Microsoft UpdateThe update is also available from the Microsoft Update website.
Note After you install this update by using Microsoft Update, you must update the databases on the back-end servers. See how to update the databases on the back-end servers.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this cumulative update.
Registry informationTo use one of the cumulative updates in this package, you don't have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update.
Update replacement informationThis cumulative update replaces the July 2015 cumulative update 5.0.8308.920 for Lync Server 2013 Persistent Chat.
Update package installation information
To apply this cumulative update, run MgcServer.msp on computers that are running the following server roles:
- Lync Server 2013 - Standard Edition Server
- Lync Server 2013 - Enterprise Edition - Front End Server
Removal informationTo remove this cumulative update, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel.
When you install the update, insert the source CD or provide the path where the source files can be found if you are prompted.
Article ID: 4019178 - Last Review: Jul 10, 2017 - Revision: 13