This cumulative update resolves a list of issues in Microsoft Lync Server 2013, Mediation Server. The version number of this update is 5.0.8308.992.
This cumulative update fixes the issue in which PSTN call is dropped when it's put on hold by a PSTN callee in Lync Server 2013.
This cumulative update also fixes the issues that are described in the following previously released articles:
- KB3140586 April 2016 cumulative update 5.0.8308.956 for the Lync Server 2013, Mediation Server
- KB 3070399 July 2015 cumulative update 5.0.8308.920 for Lync Server 2013 Mediation Server
- KB 2881699 October 2013 cumulative update 5.0.8308.556 for Lync Server 2013 Mediation Server
- KB 2796554 February 2013 cumulative update 5.0.8308.291 for Lync Server 2013 Mediation Server
Method 1: Cumulative Server Update Installer
The Cumulative Server Update Installer applies all updates for the appropriate server role in one operation. To use the Cumulative Server Update Installer, follow these steps:
Note If User Account Control (UAC) is turned on, you must start the Cumulative Server Update Installer by using elevated permissions to make sure that all updates are installed correctly.
- Download the Cumulative Server Update Installer.
- Run the Cumulative Server Update Installer by using the user interface (UI) or by using a command line.
Note When you click Install Updates, the UI indicates which updates are installed.
To run the Cumulative Server Update Installer, run the following command:
LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exeNote The following text describes parameters that you can use together with the LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exe command:
- The /silentmode switch applies all applicable updates in the background.
- The /silentmode /forcereboot switch applies all applicable updates in the background. Additionally, the switch automatically restarts the server at the end of the installation process if this is necessary.
- The /extractall switch extracts the updates from the installer and saves the updates in a subfolder that's named "Extracted." The subfolder is in the folder in which you ran the command.
Method 2: Microsoft UpdateThe update is also available from the Microsoft Update website.
Note After you install this update by using Microsoft Update, you must update the databases on the back-end servers. Check out how to update the databases on the back-end servers.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this cumulative update.
Registry informationTo use one of the cumulative updates in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update.
Update replacement informationThis cumulative update replaces the April 2016 cumulative update 5.0.8308.956 for Microsoft Lync Server 2013 Mediation Server.
Update package installation information
To apply this cumulative update, run MediationServer.msp on computers that are running the following server role:
- Lync Server 2013 - Mediation Server
To remove this cumulative update, use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel.
When you install the update, insert the source CD or provide the path where the source files can be found if you are prompted.
Article ID: 4019182 - Last Review: Jul 10, 2017 - Revision: 7