This article describes the issues that are fixed in Update Rollup 14 for Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager. This article also contains the installation instructions for this update.
Issues that are fixed
- Update rollup 14 for System Center components adds support for Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol version 1.2. For more information about how to set up, configure, and run your environment to use TLS 1.2, see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
4055768 TLS 1.2 Protocol Support Deployment Guide for System Center 2012 R2
- If you use the Apply button to create a new Service Request template, the template is created missing the associated Activities and Related items.
- A "Change collision" error occurs for work items of extended incident class types, even if they have no overlapping changes.
- The Get-SCOMGroup PowerShell cmdlet fails if the database has many groups (such as thousands).
How to obtain Update Rollup 14 for System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager
Update packages for Service Manager are available by manual download.
Go to the following website to manually download the update package from the Microsoft Download Center:
For information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
Installation instructions for Service Manager
Before the installation
Before you apply this update, follow these steps:
- If you have a System Center Orchestrator deployment that has a Runbook interacting with System Center Service Manager (through Service Manager PowerShell or Service Manager Integration Pack Activities), you must install System Center Service Manager Console together with Update Rollup 14 on each of the System Center Orchestrator Runbook servers.
- Install the following updates on all Service Manager roles (Management Servers, Data Warehouse Server, Self Service Portal, and Analyst Consoles, including the Analyst Consoles installed on the System Center Orchestrator Runbook servers), as per the Windows Operating System.
Update required to be installed
Windows 8.1 / Windows Server 2012 R2
- 3154520 Support for TLS System Default Versions included in the .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2
Windows Server 2012
- 3154519 Support for TLS System Default Versions included in the .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows Server 2012
Windows 7 SP1 / Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- 3154518 Support for TLS System Default Versions included in the .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 SP1 and Server 2008 R2 SP1
Windows 10 / Windows Server 2016
- Set the following registry key values on all Service Manager roles (Management Servers, Data Warehouse Server, Self Service Portal, and Analyst Consoles), as per the Windows operating system.
For 64-bit operating systems:
For 32-bit operating systems:
- Exit all Service Manager-related applications before you apply this update. For example, exit the Service Manager Console, the Self-Service Portal links, and the authoring tool.
- Make sure that the Data Warehouse Server has successfully synchronized with the Management Server at least one time.
- Make sure that the update is installed on the Service Manager components in the following order:
- Data Warehouse Server
- Primary Management Server
- Secondary Management Servers
- All Analyst Consoles
- Download the update to a target folder. This update contains both the x86-based version and the x64-based version. Download the appropriate version for your system.
- Open the target folder, and then right-click the downloaded file.
- Click Run as administrator.
- Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms, and then follow the steps in the installation wizard.
After the installation
Restart all the consoles as soon as the update is installed.