Note Some products might not be available in your country or region.
Some products might not be available in your country or region.
List of displays
Here’s a list of some displays that will work with Surface Studio:
- Check the firmware version installed on your monitor (go to your monitor manufacturer’s website to learn how to find your monitor’s firmware version).
- You can fix some DisplayPort video issues by disabling “MST mode” or “DP1.2 mode” on your monitor. Check the owner’s manual that came with your monitor to learn how. Disabling “MST mode” or “DP1.2 mode” on your monitor will prevent display daisy-chaining from working.
XB280HK w/ NVIDIA G-SYNC
U2415b (Top Pri)
ENVY 32" Media Display
Spectre 32 Studio
Connecting more than one external display
The number of external displays (screens) you can connect depends on your settings for refresh rate and resolution and on whether the display on your Surface Studio is on or off.
|Number of external displays connected to Surface Studio||Max refresh rate||Max screen resolution|
|1||60 Hz||4096 x 2304|
|2||30 Hz||4096 x 2304|
|2||60 Hz||Display 1: |
3840 x 2160
2560 x 1600
- This list was based on our internal use of the respective monitor and adapters with Surface Pro and the Surface Dock on November 11, 2016. Any firmware changes made by monitor and adapter manufacturers at a later date may cause new issues unknown today.
- This list is provided to you for reference and informational purposes only and in no way is Microsoft providing any guarantees or warranty that any of the mentioned monitors or adapters will function properly with your Surface device, nor is Microsoft advocating the use of any of the mentioned monitors or adapters in any manner.
- This list should not be interpreted to be a commitment on the part of Microsoft and Microsoft cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information provided. Microsoft makes no warranties, express, implied or statutory, as to the information on this page. You agree to use this list at your own risk and agree that this list does not override, add to, or change the warranty terms that come with your Surface device. If you cannot agree to these terms, do not use this list.
How to connect an external display
Use a cable to connect the Mini DisplayPort of your Surface Studio to your external monitor.
To connect a second display, see Connect Surface to a TV, monitor, or projector.
How to connect to a wireless display
Follow these steps to project your Surface Studio to a wireless display:
- On your Surface Studio, select the action center icon on the taskbar.
- Select Connect, then select the display you want to project to.