Note Some products might not be available in your country or region.
Some products might not be available in your country or region.
Microsoft AC power cord recall for original Surface Pro, Surface Pro 2, and certain Surface Pro 3 devices.
Get details and answers to common questions about the Microsoft Surface Pro AC power cord recall. Learn how to order a free replacement part if your Surface Pro power cord is affected.
How to request a power cord replacement
If your Surface Pro power cord is affected by the recall, scroll to the bottom of this page to sign in with your Microsoft account. Once you've entered your sign-in information, you will go to a new page to complete the process.
Parts eligible for replacement
This recall applies to:
- AC power cords for original Microsoft Surface Pro, Microsoft Surface Pro 2, and Microsoft Surface Pro 3 devices sold before March 15, 2015
This recall DOES NOT apply to:
- AC power cords for Microsoft Surface RT, Microsoft Surface 2, Microsoft Surface 3, Microsoft Surface Pro 3 devices sold after March 15, 2015, Microsoft Surface Pro 4, and Microsoft Surface Book
- Power supplies with DC power cord for all devices
- AC power cords and power supplies for the docking stations for original Microsoft Surface Pro, Microsoft Surface Pro 2, Microsoft Surface Pro 3, and Microsoft Surface 3
Surface for business
Surface for Business customers should contact us and not use the form below. There will be no charge for a replacement AC cord for each of your eligible Surface devices.
|AC power cord |
The removable cord that connects the power supply to an electrical outlet.
|Power supply |
The power “brick” with a permanently attached DC cord that plugs into the charging port on Surface plus the removable AC power cord.
AC power cord
- Microsoft will provide one AC power cord replacement free of charge for each eligible Surface Pro device that you own. No proof of damage is required to receive a replacement AC power cord.
- If you have more than one Surface Pro device, you’ll need to submit a replacement order for each one.
Surface for Business customers placing bulk orders should use the contact at the top of this page.
Frequently asked questions
Order a power cord online
If you have any issues ordering online, give us a call.