Service Update 8 for Microsoft Dynamics 365 8.2.1 is now available. This article describes the hotfixes and updates that are included in Service Update 8.
|Update package||Build number|
|Service Update 8 for Microsoft Dynamics 365 8.2.1||8.2.1.0360|
To determine whether your organization had this update applied, check your Microsoft Dynamics 365 version number. Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner, and then click About.
Service Update 8 resolves the following issue:
The following list details issues whose resolutions improve the speed or functionality of Dynamics.
- Pop up for confirmation to deactivate the record appears blank with only a cancel button.
- HTML configured in an email template is not decoded.
- Mailbox alerts are not displaying when the alert contains a reference that has a length greater than 60.
- Upgraded Bing Maps AJAX Control v7 to v8.
- KB Article pop-out cuts off the last row.
- Entitlements take almost one day to get activated.
- The Save button moves to the center of the opportunity form when a two line footer is enabled.
- Sent emails are stuck in the "Tracking pending" state indefinitely.
The following list details issues whose resolutions correct actions performed in Dynamics that do not work as intended.
- Associated grids navigate back when creating or editing a record through associated grids.
- The API in a plugin is triggering deactivate/activate twice.
- Router retries to send an email to addresses containing invalid characters.
- The record window opens in the background when opened from a dashboard in Outlook.
- Personal Dashboards are unexpectedly visible to managers.
- Running setFocus for a tab multiple times on a form hides the tab name.
- Whenever a Quote is revised, all fields on the closed state record are updated.
- The date format changes from DD/MM/YYY to MM/DD/YYYY after new records are imported.
- The Regarding field on Tracked emails is getting cleared when using the App for Outlook.
The following list details issues whose resolutions repair items in Dynamics that are not functioning.
- After changing the 'Look For' field from 'User' to 'Team', the respective 'Look in' field is not updating in the Service Activity Assign Look up dialog.
- Appointment time is not syncing from Outlook to Dynamics 365 when it was updated in Outlook.
- Task Priorities are not syncing from Outlook to Dynamics 365 when it was updated in Outlook.
- Users are unable to open existing records in Mobile devices.
- The Product Properties Hyperlink is not working.
- The content in the reading pane is not loading in Outlook when the Dynamics 365 server is configured with the version 184.108.40.2061 client.
- The 'date and time' field and the calendar are misplaced in the custom field view.
- Unable to expand email activities in the Social pane of any record.
- Configure Relevance Search dialog not showing correct total count.
- The ribbon button to add attachments is missing after reopening an Email in draft status.
- Users aren't able to mark scheduled activities complete while in offline mode.
- Unable to set more than one access team template for custom subgrids.
- Tasks created in Dynamics 365 show incorrect Due Dates in Outlook reminders.
- Site map designer is not opening.
- New user mailboxes are not automatically approved.
- The ribbon is not refreshing when a user presses Alt + S to navigate to previous record.
- Notes are not saved on case forms when a case is opened from an email link.
- Unable to open security roles in IE11 and Edge.
- Business process flows are not rendered when Most Recently Viewed data is stale.
- Creating Word Templates with Lookup fields fails.
- The new button does not display in a Dashboard with the Dynamics 365 Outlook Client.
- SLA KPI failure and warning date and times are incorrectly calculated.
- The Interactive Service Hub entities are missing commands if the entity is not enabled for mobile.
- The Relevance Search OptIn event is not sent.
- Spell checker in the Interactive Service Hub does not work for the Email drafting textbox.
- An Iframe is not refreshed with the new source URL when clicking on the form section selector.
- If preventDefault is called OnSave in quick create forms, the save button no longer works.
- Changing state attributes is not allowed in create stage 20 plugins.
- When opening a web resource, the web resource page does not open properly.
- Cannot change a dialog name in non-base languages.
- Unable to set 0 precision on the Opportunities page when clicking Close as Won.
- The IME mode setting for fields is not respected.
- Workflow set to before record changes fires incorrectly.
- Cannot add notes after clicking on the Notes label.
- Email sent from Server Side Sync from the iOS mail app are not forwarded.
- Jscript setValue method does not work for the Customer field of the Case entity.
- Save and New button functionality is not working on the Sales Order Detail entity.
- Multi-entity search fails in the Phone App if users are missing entity permissions.
- Duplicate Detection Rules lock up the Dynamics 365 App on Windows 8.1.
- Not able to select lookup records with no primary information in the mobile app.
- Unable to email a link of the current view.
- Related record lookups have issues when changing the parent value in the mobile client.
- The tab key does not work correctly on date/time field with legacy forms disabled.
- Business rules are not being applied on load of editable grids in the mobile client.
- Duplicate detection rules do not work with a plugin on custom field set for pre-validation.
- Automatic Record Creation Rules are associating with inactive Customer records.
- The [+] button is missing in the Product entity's subgrid in the mobile client.
Error Messages, Exceptions, and Failures
The following list details issues whose resolutions correct actions that produce errors, unhandled exceptions, or system or component failures.
- A Script error occurs when using Dynamics 365 Update 1 on the Product entity in a Chrome browser.
- Emails sent with an inline image and the "From" field edited, throw an unsaved changes warning.
- Synchronous workflows are causing business process error on create of related records.
- An error occurs editing a chart in a dashboard when it was created from a different language.
- A script error occurs while saving an account record using the mobile site.
- An Access Is Denied error occurs when changing an owner of a record via the lookup field.