This article describes the issues that are fixed in the Update Rollup for Azure File Sync Agent (Preview) that is dated November 2017. Additionally, this article contains installation instructions for the update.
Improvements and issues that are fixed
This update includes miscellaneous performance, reliability, and telemetry improvements.
Note Update rollups for Azure File Sync Agent (Preview) are cumulative. This update includes all the improvements and fixes that were included in the previous updates.
More information about this update
- This update rollup is available for Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2016 installations that have Azure File Sync agent (Preview) installed.
- A restart may be required if affected files are being used during the update rollup installation.
How to obtain and install this update
Update rollup packages for Azure File Sync agent are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
To get and install an update package from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a server that has Azure File Sync agent installed:
Windows Server 2016
- Click Start, and then click Settings.
- In Settings, click Update & security.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Verify that the update rollup package is listed, and then click Install now.
Windows Server 2012 R2
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check for updates.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Verify that the update rollup package is selected, and then click Install.
Go to the following website to manually download the update package from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
To manually install the update package, run the following command from an elevated command prompt:
msiexec.exe /p packagename.msp REINSTALLMODE=OMUS REINSTALL=StorageSyncAgent /qb /l*vx storagesyncagentupdate.log
For example, to install the Azure File Sync agent update for Server 2016, run the following command:
msiexec.exe /p StorageSyncAgent_WS2016_KB4052531.msp REINSTALLMODE=OMUS REINSTALL=StorageSyncAgent /qb /l*vx storagesyncagentupdate.log