This article describes an update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 on Windows 10, version 1607; Windows 10, version 1703 (Catalog download only), and Windows Server 2016 (Catalog download only).
About Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 is a highly compatible and in-place update to .NET Framework 4.6.2, 4.7, and 4.7.1. However, it can run side-by-side with .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and earlier versions of .NET Framework.
When you install this package, it is listed as Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4054590) under the Installed Updates item in Control Panel.
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 is available on Windows Update (WU) and on Windows Server Update Service (WSUS). It will be offered as a recommended update on Windows Update.
- A recommended update may be installed automatically on all supported platforms based on your computer settings on Windows Update.
- For Windows 10, version 1607 (non-LTSB), the update is available on WU, WSUS, and Update Catalog.
- For Windows 10, version 1607 (LTSB); Windows 10, version 1703; and Windows Server 2016, the update is available on Update Catalog only.
The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
For information about .NET Framework 4.7.2 offline installer, see Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 offline installer for Windows.
For information about how to download Microsoft support files, see How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services.
- Applications that rely on .NET Framework to initialize a COM component and that run with restricted permissions may fail to start or run correctly, and return "access denied," "class not registered," or "internal failure occurred for unknown reasons" errors.
- For the known issues in .NET Framework 4.7.2 see .NET Framework 4.7.2 Known Issues.
Command-line switches for this update
For more information about the various command-line options that are supported by this update, see the “Command-Line options” section in .NET Framework Deployment Guide for Developers.
You may have to restart the computer after you install this update. We recommend that you exit all applications that are using .NET Framework before you install this update.
Supported operating systems
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 (Offline Installer) supports the following operating systems:
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update (version 1607) (x86 and x64)
- Windows 10 Creators Update (version 1703) (x86 and x64)
- Windows Server 2016 (x64)