This update is included in the February 2018 Preview of the Quality Rollups for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, and 4.7.1 for Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 (KB 4074807). Parts of this update were previously included in the Security and Quality rollup (KB 4076494) on February 13, 2018, and in the Preview of Quality rollup (KB 4057272) on January 17, 2018.
This update for Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 includes cumulative reliability improvements in .NET Framework 4.5.2. We recommend that you apply this update as part of your regular maintenance routines. Before you install this update, see the "Prerequisites" and "Restart requirement" sections.
- All updates for Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 require that update KB 2919355 is installed. We recommend that you install update KB 2919355 on your Windows RT 8.1-based, Windows 8.1-based, or Windows Server 2012 R2-based computer so that you receive updates in the future.
- If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
Quality and reliability improvements
For .NET Framework 4.5.2
In the following scenarios, ASP.NET may remove the cookie from the response:
With this fix, ASP.NET makes sure that the response cookie is not removed.
1 Active Server Pages (ASP.NET)
Additional information about this update
For more information about this update as it relates to Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2, see the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
4074807 February 2018 Preview of the Quality Rollups for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7 and 4.7.1 for Windows 8.1, RT 8.1 and Server 2012 R2 (KB 4074807)
4076494 Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, and 4.7.1 for Windows 8.1, RT 8.1 and Server 2012 R2 (KB 4076494)
4057272 January 2018 Preview of the Quality Rollups for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, and 4.7.1 for Windows 8.1, RT 8.1, and Server 2012 R2 (KB 4057272)
How to get this update
This update is available through Windows Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. For more information about how to get security updates automatically, see Windows Update: FAQ.
Microsoft Update Catalog
Windows Software Update Services (WSUS)
On your WSUS server, follow these steps:
- Select Start, select Administrative Tools, and then select Microsoft Windows Server Update Services 3.0.
- Expand ComputerName, and then select Action.
- Select Import Updates.
- WSUS will open a browser window in which you may be prompted to install an ActiveX control. Install the ActiveX control to continue.
- After the ActiveX control is installed, you will see the Microsoft Update Catalog screen. Enter 4074807 in the Search box, and then select Search.
- Locate the .NET Framework packages that match the operating systems, languages, and processors in your environment. Click Add to add them to your basket.
- When you have selected all the packages that you need, select View Basket.
- Select Import to import the packages to your WSUS server.
- Select Close after the packages have been imported to return to WSUS.
The updates are now available for installation through WSUS.
To apply this update, you must have .NET Framework 4.5.2 installed.
You must restart the computer after you apply this update if any affected files are being used. We recommend that you exit all .NET Framework-based applications before you apply this update.
Update replacement information