This article describes the issues that are fixed in the Update Rollup for Azure File Sync Agent (Preview Refresh 1) that is dated February 2018. Additionally, this article contains installation instructions for the update.
Improvements and issues that are fixed
- Improvement in cluster failover handling.
- Improvement in the handling of tiered files to make them more reliable.
- Agent installations on domain controller systems enabled for Windows Server 2008 R2 domain environments.
- Fixed excessive diagnostics generation on servers that have many files.
- Improvement in error handling for session failures.
- Improvement in error handling for file transfer issues.
- Changed the default interval of running CloudTiering to one hour, when it is enabled for SEP.
Note Update rollups for Azure File Sync Agent (Preview Refresh 1) are cumulative. This update includes all the improvements and fixes that were included in the previous cumulative update.
More information about this update
- This update rollup is available for Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2016 installations that have the Azure File Sync agent (Preview Refresh 1) installed.
- A restart may be required if files are being used during the update rollup installation.
How to get and install this Update Rollup for the Azure File Sync Agent (Preview Refresh 1): February 2018
Update Rollup packages for the Azure File Sync agent is available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
To get and install an update package from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a server that has Azure File Sync agent installed:
- Click Start, and then click Settings.
- In Settings, click Update & security.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Verify that the Update Rollup package is listed, and then click Install now.
Server 2012 R2
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check for updates.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Verify that the Update Rollup package is selected, and then click Install.
Microsoft Update Catalog
Go to the following website to manually download the update package from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
To manually install the update package, run the following command from an elevated command prompt:
msiexec.exe /p packagename.msp REINSTALLMODE=OMUS REINSTALL=StorageSyncAgent /qb /l*vx storagesyncagentupdate.log
For example, to install the Azure File Sync agent update for Server 2016, run the following command:
msiexec.exe /p StorageSyncAgent_WS2016_KB4091067.msp REINSTALLMODE=OMUS REINSTALL=StorageSyncAgent /qb /l*vx storagesyncagentupdate.log
Microsoft Download Center
Go to the following website to download the Preview Refresh 1 agent installation package from the Microsoft Download Center.
Note The Preview Refresh 1 installation package on the Microsoft Download Center is intended for new agent installations. If the Azure File Sync agent is currently installed on a server, use Microsoft Update or Microsoft Update Catalog to update the agent installation.