Issues that are fixed
- When you view the activity details of a job instance, the Orchestrator Web Console displays the input parameter as a GUID instead of the Display Name of the parameter.
- Job fails to execute when PowerShell reserved characters are passed as parameters to runbook.
- RunbookServerMonitorService.exe and aspt.exe processes run successfully but create entries in the error logs.
- Changes that you make to activities in a runbook are not saved consistently if the activities are not edited when they are added for the first time.
- After you upgrade to Update Rollup 4 for System Center 2016 Orchestrator, the RunbookServerMonitorService service stops working because it cannot connect to the database.
- The purge-the-logs command in the Runbook Designer fails after you apply Update Rollup 4 for System Center 2016 Orchestrator.
- The Query Database task fails after you apply Update Rollup 4 for System Center 2016 Orchestrator.
- Runbooks that use the Run Process task cause the Orchestrator server to slow down and face connectivity and performance issues.
- When you use the Send Platform Event activity to create notifications (whether for problems or general information) that occur in a runbook, the activity is apparently successful. However, the event is not created.
To work around this issue, run the following SQL script on the Orchestrator database:
GRANT EXECUTE ON object::dbo.sp_insertevent TO [Microsoft.SystemCenter.Orchestrator.Runtime]GRANT EXECUTE ON object::dbo.sp_insertevent TO [Microsoft.SystemCenter.Orchestrator.Admins]
How to obtain Update Rollup 5 for System Center 2016 Orchestrator
Important Before you install this update, make sure that the SQL Server Native Client is installed on the Management server role. For more information, see the Installing SQL Server Native Client topic on the Microsoft Docs website.
Update packages for Orchestrator are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
To obtain and install an update package from Windows Update, follow these steps on a computer that has an Orchestrator component installed:
- Select Start, and then select Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, select Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Select Important updates are available.
- Select the Update Rollup package, and then select OK.
- Click Install updates to install the update package.
Go to the following website to manually download the update package from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
Installation instructions for Orchestrator
Download the update packages that Microsoft Update provides for each computer. Microsoft Update provides the appropriate updates according to the components that are installed on each computer. Or manually download the update from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
If you upgrade Orchestrator 2016 to Update Rollup 5 without first having applied Update Rollup 4, the Orchestrator database must be reconfigured. After the Orchestrator updates are installed, reconfigure the Orchestrator database by using the existing database according to these guidelines.