Improvements and fixes
This security update includes improvements and fixes that were a part of update KB4103724 (released May 17, 2018) and addresses the following issues:
Addresses an issue where firmware updates cause devices to go into BitLocker recovery mode when BitLocker is enabled, but Secure Boot is disabled or not present. This update prevents firmware installation on devices in this state. Administrators can install firmware updates by:
- Temporarily suspending BitLocker.
- Immediately installing firmware updates before the next OS startup.
- Immediately restarting the device so that BitLocker doesn’t remain in the suspended state.
- Permits a band-capable disk that has only one partition, and it is an MSR partition, to convert to a dynamic disk.
- Increases the Internet Explorer cookie limit from 50 to better align with industry standards.
Improves the reliability of Internet Explorer when using geolocation.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer, Windows apps, remote code execution, Windows Server, Windows storage and filesystems, and Windows wireless networking.
For more information about the resolved security vulnerabilities, see the Security Update Guide.
Known issues in this update
Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update.