Portal capabilities version 184.108.40.206 for Microsoft Dynamics 365 is now globally available for all customers. This article describes the features and enhancements that were included in this update, as well as the scope of the release. For a full list of all portal updates released to date and their corresponding KB articles, please reference this KB article.
Upgrade to Portal Capabilities Version 220.127.116.11
This release includes Portal host version 18.104.22.168 and Solution Version 22.214.171.124 (for Dynamics 365 org version 9.x) and 126.96.36.199 (for Dynamics org version with version>=8.1). New solution packages will be available after portal host upgrades have been completed globally. The portal host will automatically be updated by Microsoft, but action must be taken by your organization to upgrade the solution packages.
Until the solution packages are updated, some enhancements will not be available to portal administrators and/or users. For instructions on how to upgrade the portal solution packages, please refer to this KB article.
New features introduced in portal capabilities version 188.8.131.52 for Microsoft Dynamics 365
As part of this release we have launched few new functionalities as well:
- Dynamics 365 Portals app: The Dynamics 365 Portals app provides a new experience to configure and manage your online platform to communicate and collaborate with customers. When you install Dynamics 365 Portals solution version 9.0 and higher, the Dynamics 365 Portals app, built on the Unified Interface framework, is created out-of-the-box.
- Reset a portal: You can now reset a portal if you plan to move to another geolocation or to another tenant, and don't want to use the portal anymore. When you reset a portal, the hosted resources of the portal are deleted, and the portal URL will not be accessible. More information: Reset a portal
- Change the base URL of a portal: You can now change the base URL of a portal after it is provisioned. For example, if you choose contosocommunity.microsoftcrmportals.com as the base URL while provision the portal, you can later change it to contosocommunityportal.microsoftcrmportals.com as per your requirement. More information: Change base URL
More details about new functionality can be found here.
Resolved Issues in Portal Capabilities Version 184.108.40.206
Version 220.127.116.11 resolves the following issues:
- "Success Message" for entity forms was always being rendered as "Submission completed successfully" even if a different message was specified in the configuration.
- Global Search is ignoring special characters like double quotes(") or ampersand(&), when Facets are enabled on the Portal.
- Content Access Level change to a knowledge article record was not being reflected in the search until the article record was changed.
- Entity list action buttons were getting rendered in the opposite direction.
- Workflow action specified for an entity list didn't work if the action required confirmation.
- Create related record action didn't work when invoked through Entity list and only works within entity forms.
- Dynamics Lookup set filters only works when Global scope is provided to Contact Entity in Entity Permissions.
- Not all records were shown in Dynamic Lookup set filter when the selection mode was checkbox or radio button.
- Funnel chart didn't render properly.
- For non english Portals, attachments were stored by default in notes entity even if Entity form configuration was set to Portal Comments.
- Sorting symbol on Entity List was the opposite to what was set as default in the view.
- Location coordinates were truncated in Bing Maps for some non english languages.
- Insert image is not working when you try to insert image using front side editor in the Portal.