This article describes the issues that are fixed in System Center Data Protection Manager, version 1807. This article also contains installation instructions for this update.
Note Existing Data Protection Manager for Windows Azure customers should upgrade to the latest agent (version 2.0.9118.0 or a later version). If the latest agent is not installed, online backups may fail.
Issues that are fixed
- Data Protection Manager status reports do not include client or laptop recovery points.
- Hyper-V backups are unsuccessful because of checkpoint time-outs on the Hyper-V server.
- Primary Data Protection Manager jobs are unsuccessful because of ongoing recovery point creation by the secondary Data Protection Manager server.
- The Data Protection Manager console crashes when the nightly pruning job runs for a long time.
- When you create or modify a protection group, you receive a warning message about exceeding data limits even for smaller data sources when you protect Hyper-V virtual machines (VMs).
- Data Protection Manager consistency checks of Hyper-V VMs transfer data that is greater than the actual size of the VM files.
- The Data Protection Manager UI hangs after it starts if there are many recovery points for data sources.
- Data Protection Manager updates are unsuccessful when Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2 is enabled.
How to obtain System Center Data Protection Manager, version 1807
Important You must have System Center Data Protection Manager, version 1801 (5.1.363.0) installed to apply this update.
Data Protection Manager packages are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
To obtain and install an update package from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a computer that has a Data Protection Manager component installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the update package, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the update package.
Go to the following website to manually download the update package from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
For information about how to download Microsoft support files, see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Installation instructions for Data Protection Manager
To install this update for Data Protection Manager, follow these steps:
- Before you install this update, make a backup of the Data Protection Manager database.
- Install this update package on the server that is running System Center Data Protection Manager. To do this, run Microsoft Update on the server.
- In the Data Protection Manager Administrator Console, update the protection agents. To do this, use one of the following methods.
Note This update requires you to restart protected servers in order to create or change protection groups.
Method 1: Update the protection agents from the Data Protection Manager Administrator Console
- Open the Data Protection Manager Administrator Console.
- Click the Management tab, and then click the Agents tab.
- In the Protected Computer list, select a computer, and then click Update on the Action pane.
- Click Yes, and then click Update Agents.
Method 2: Update the protection agents on the protected servers
- Obtain the update protection agent package from the following directory on the System Center Data Protection Manager server:
The installation packages are as follows:
For x86-based updates: i386\1033\DPMProtectionAgent_KB4339950.msp
For x64-based updates: amd64\1033\DPMProtectionAgent_KB4339950.msp
- Run the appropriate DPMProtectionAgent.msp package on each protected server, depending on the architecture of the agent.
- Open the Data Protection Manager Administrator Console on the System Center Data Protection Manager server.
- Click the Management tab, and then click the Agents tab. Select the protected server, update the information, and then verify that the agent version number is 5.1.378.0.