This also applies to:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
This update is included in the Security and Quality Rollup that's dated October 9, 2018. This update was previously released as part of the Preview of Quality Rollup on September 18, 2018.
This article lists the Preview of Quality Rollups for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, and 4.7.2 for Windows Server 2012 that are included in this update KB 4459923.
- All updates for .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, and 4.7.2 require that the d3dcompiler_47.dll update is installed. We recommend that you install the included d3dcompiler_47.dll update before you apply this update. For more information about the d3dcompiler_47.dll, see KB 4019990.
- If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
Additional information about this security update
The following articles contain additional information about this security update as it relates to individual product versions. The articles may contain known issue information.
- 4457006 Description of Preview of Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 3.5 for Windows Server 2012 (KB 4457006)
- 4457018 Description of Preview of Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 4.5.2 for Windows Server 2012 (KB 4457018)
- 4457014 Description of Preview of Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, and 4.7.2 for Windows Server 2012 (KB 4457014)