Be aware that the update in the Microsoft Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2016. It doesn't apply to the Office 2016 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home (see Determining your Office version).
Improvements and fixes
- When you right-click the Excel icon in the taskbar and select Close all windows, Excel 2016 crashes sometimes.
- When you save a workbook that contains external references to cells that contain metadata from another workbook, for example, a rich data type value, Excel 2016 crashes.
- When you programmatically copy a very hidden sheet to a new workbook by using the Worksheet.Copy method, Excel 2016 crashes.
- This update adds the translation for the Ctrl shortcut key in the Record Macro dialog in the German version.
- Assume that a workbook contains merged cells. When you hide, filter, or outline rows in the workbook, Excel 2016 may freeze.
How to get and install the update
For deployment information about this update, see security update deployment information: November 13, 2018.
Security update replacement information
This security update replaces previously released security update KB 4461448.
File hash information
|File name||SHA1 hash||SHA256 hash|
The English (United States) version of this software update installs files that have the attributes that are listed in the following tables. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). The dates and times for these files on your local computer are displayed in your local time together with your current daylight saving time (DST) bias. Additionally, the dates and times may change when you perform certain operations on the files.