Be aware that the update in the Microsoft Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2016. It doesn't apply to the Office 2016 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home (see Determining your Office version).
Improvements and fixes
- When you switch between Mail and Calendar, Outlook 2016 crashes.
- When you reply to or forward an internal email message, the email address is not displayed in the message body. Only the display name is displayed.
- Assume that you send a template as an attachment to others. When those recipients open the template directly from the received email message, the formatting in the template isn't correct if Outlook 2016 is running in online mode.
- When running Outlook 2016 in online mode, "Cc" recipients may not appear in the email message.
- When the primary email address and User Principal Name (UPN) are changed in Active Directory or Azure Active Directory, the old Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) address and UPN in a user's Outlook profile file aren't changed.
- You can't switch between accounts on a custom form by using the Accounts button.
- When you reply to an Information Rights Management (IRM)-protected email message, you receive the following error message:
The operation failed. The messaging interfaces have returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook. [OK].
- The Safelinks smart hove feature doesn't work correctly in plain text email messages.
- This update provides a registry key to hide the retention policy User Interface (UI) in Outlook 2016. For details, see Hide the retention policy UI in Outlook 2016 for details.
- This update enables support for Transport Layer Security (TLS) version 1.2 for Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP), Post Office Protocol (POP), and Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) connections.
- Outlook 2016 may prompt for credentials every time it starts even though credentials have been saved.
- When a <source> tag is present in an Atom feed, you can't add the Atom feed to Outlook 2016.
- This update fixes Tabbing order issues in new email messages and new appointments for users that are running Outlook 2016 without an email account that's configured in multiple languages.
How to get and install the update
For deployment information about this update, see security update deployment information: November 13, 2018.
Security update replacement information
This security update replaces previously released security update KB 4461440.
File hash information
|File name||SHA1 hash||SHA256 hash|