Portal capabilities version 126.96.36.199 for Microsoft Dynamics 365 is now generally available for all customers. This article describes the features and enhancements that were included in this update, as well as the scope of the release. For a full list of all portal updates released to date and their corresponding KB articles, please reference this KB article.
Upgrade to Portal Capabilities Version 188.8.131.52
This release includes only an updated portal host and no solution package updates are needed. The portal host will automatically be updated by Microsoft.
Note:: Please note that after 184.108.40.206 release, inactive sitemarkers will be discarded by Portals. This can cause issues with your Portal if you have disabled sitemarkers present in your associated Dynamics 365 organization. To avoid any issues, make sure all the sitemarkers used on your Portal are enabled and setup properly.
New features introduced in portal capabilities version 220.127.116.11
Portal capabilities version 18.104.22.168 brings these new updates and features:
Migrate Dynamics 365 Portal configuration: You can now migrate your Dynamics 365 Portal configuration from development to testing or the production environments. Migration involves exporting the existing configuration from the source Dynamics 365 instance, and then importing it into the target Dynamics 365 instance. To migrate configuration data, you need to use the Configuration Migration tool and a portal-specific configuration schema file. More information: Migrate Dynamics 365 Portal configuration
Add Power BI visualization: As a portal customizer, you can now embed Power BI visualizations (dashboard, reports, amd tiles) on web pages in a portal by using the powerbi Liquid tag. More information: Set up Power BI integration
Restrict portal access by IP address: As a portal administrator, you can now define a list of IP addresses that are allowed to access your portal. When a request to the portal is generated from any user, their IP address is evaluated against the allow list. If the IP address is not on the list, the portal displays a web page with an HTTP 403 status code. More information: Restrict portal access by IP address
Manage SharePoint documents: Dynamics 365 Portal now supports uploading and displaying documents to and from SharePoint directly on an entity form or web form in a portal. This allows portal users to view, download, add, and delete documents from a portal. Portal users can also create folders to organize their documents. More information: Manage SharePoint documents
New portal content editor (preview): In this preview, a new and simplified portal editor is available for Dynamics 365 Portal customizers to reduce the learning curve on Dynamics 365 Portal customization and increase a customizer's productivity. More information: Get started with the new portal content editor
More details about these features can be found here
Resolved Issues in Portal Capabilities Version 22.214.171.124 Release
Version 126.96.36.199 resolves the following issues:
- Entity List in Portal will not show more than 5000 records even if there are more than 5000 records present in Dynamics 365 organization
- Idea description doesn't align correctly with the Idea title on Ideas page.
- Portal Notes/Comments containing special html characters will throw a generic error when saved even if DisableValidationWebTemplate site setting is set to True.
- Description of composite fields in webforms is not displayed in Runtime even when "Add description" checkbox is checked in webform setup
- Order of views in lookup control dialog is not displayed in sorted order in runtime.
- Deactivated Sitemarkers are used on Portal and are not filtered out.
- When Azure blob storage is enabled for storing webfiles, content disposition properties are not honored even when they are specified in webfile properties
- If a field is disabled on Portal and has a null value, it is submitted during record create/update. This can cause issues if the disabled field is required.
- Idea forums page shows "page not found" if there is only one active ideas forum
- Calendar view does not load in Entity list even when it is specified in configuration.
- "Export to Excel" action on Entity List will timeout sometimes when the number of records to be exported is large.