This article describes an issue that has been fixed for Microsoft System Center 2016 OperationsManager. This article also contains the installation instructions for this hotfix.
Issue that is fixed
SNMP Trap registration fails when the SNMP Trap port is in use because of a previous registration. This issue has been fixed to make sure that SNMP Trap is not re-registered by using the port.
- Download the SNMP Modules self-extractor.
- Extract the contents of the file to a local folder.
- In the service console, stop the HealthService (Microsoft Monitoring Agent) service.
- Make a backup of the existing SnmpModules.dll file from C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2016\Operations Manager\Server\SnmpModules.dll.
- Copy the extracted SnmpModules.dll file to C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2016\Operations Manager\Server.
- Restart the HealthService (Microsoft Monitoring Agent) service.