This security update resolves an information disclosure vulnerability that exists in Microsoft SharePoint if an attacker uploads a specially crafted file to the SharePoint Server. To learn more about the vulnerability, see Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2019-1443.
Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Microsoft SharePoint Enterprise Server 2016 installed on the computer.
This public update delivers Feature Pack 2 for SharePoint Server 2016. Feature Pack 2 contains the following feature:
- SharePoint Framework (SPFx)
This public update also delivers all the features that were included in Feature Pack 1 for SharePoint Server 2016, including the following:
- Administrative Actions Logging
- MinRole enhancements
- SharePoint Custom Tiles
- Hybrid Taxonomy
- OneDrive API for SharePoint on-premises
- OneDrive for Business modern user experience (available to Software Assurance customers)
The OneDrive for Business modern user experience requires an active Software Assurance contract at the time that the experience is enabled, either by installing the public update or by manual enablement. If you don't have an active Software Assurance contract at the time of enablement, you must turn off the OneDrive for Business modern user experience.
For more information, see the following Microsoft Docs articles:
Improvements and fixes
- Removes the Hybrid Auditing feature from SharePoint Server 2016.
- Reduces the severity of certain upgrade sequence messages from WARNING to INFO. These messages indicate that the upgrade action doesn't have to make any changes because its database extension is currently not enabled in the database. For example, you will no longer see upgrade messages such as the following be labeled as warnings:
"Ignoring upgrade sequence: Microsoft.SharePoint.BusinessData.Upgrade.BdcDatabaseExtensionUpgradeSequence because related content database extension Microsoft.SharePoint.BusinessData.SharedService.BdcDatabaseExtension is not enabled."
- Fixes an issue that causes failures when you upload documents that contain links to very long URLs.
- Fixes an issue in which the web part displays no content when users visit a Content Search Web Part (CSWP) from the Google's page viewer or set the AlwaysRenderOnServer boolean in a Content Search Web Part (CSWP) to True.
- Fixes an issue in which the Product Version Timer Job fails on dedicated Search and Distributed Cache servers.
- Fixes an issue in which Publishing Cache items are missing page field data after the IIS app pool restarts.
- When a web application uses Default Configuration to configure SAML-based claims authentication by using Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) and the people picker account resolution, users from an external trusted domain experience the following issues:
- They cannot log on to a site.
- They cannot be resolved by People Picker if they are set up by using ADFS and have "Email" as the identity claim.
This security update contains a fix for the following nonsecurity issue in Project Server 2016:
- In a Project Web App (PWA) project in which a proposed resource is replaced by a committed resource (or vice versa), existing assignments aren't replaced by the new resource. Instead, the assignments are lost.
How to get and install the update
Method 1: Microsoft Update
This update is available from Microsoft Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. For more information about how to get security updates automatically, see Windows Update: FAQ.
Method 2: Microsoft Update Catalog
To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Method 3: Microsoft Download Center
You can get the standalone update package through the Microsoft Download Center. Follow the installation instructions on the download page to install the update.
Security update deployment information
For deployment information about this update, see security update deployment information: November 12, 2019.
Security update replacement information
This security update replaces previously released security update 4484111.
File hash information
|File name||SHA1 hash||SHA256 hash|