This security update resolves vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office that could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted Office file. To learn more about these vulnerabilities, see the following security advisories:
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1342
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1445
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1446
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1447
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1448
Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2019 installed on the computer.
Improvements and fixes
- The accessibility experience of the SharePoint Search ICON button has been improved for better integration with assistive technologies.
- The accessibility experience of the SharePoint Command Bar has been improved for better integration with assistive technologies.
- Fixed: Query suggestions aren’t shown in non-default zone web application.
- Fixed: Different SharePoint Framework apps show the same name in the modern site contents page in the app catalog site.
- Fixed: Tooltips are not accessible to keyboards for various controls that appear when users create a news post.
- Fixed: Alt attributes are missing in the sharepoint.aspx site.
- Fixed: You cannot navigate the second level "group by" in document views.
- Fixed: Lookup fields don't open in modern list web parts.
- Fixed: List items are not created from modern Personal sites.
- Fixed: The modern OneDrive page does not show the folder icon when you change to tiles view if the server isn’t connected to the internet.
Note To enable these improvements and fixes, you have to install KB 4484453 together with this update.
How to get and install the update
Method 1: Microsoft Update
This update is available from Microsoft Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. For more information about how to get security updates automatically, see Windows Update: FAQ.
Method 2: Microsoft Update Catalog
To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Method 3: Microsoft Download Center
You can get the standalone update package through the Microsoft Download Center. Follow the installation instructions on the download page to install the update.
Security update deployment information
For deployment information about this update, see security update deployment information: July 14, 2020.
Security update replacement information
This security update replaces previously released security update 4484400.
File hash information
|File name||SHA1 hash||SHA256 hash|