After you install this update, the default setting for a trusted data source and trusted content locations in PerformancePoint Services will change from trust all to trust none. For more information, see KB 4571413.
This security update resolves vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office that could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted Office file. To learn more about these vulnerabilities, see the following security advisories:
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1025
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1147
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1342
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1439
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1443
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1444
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1445
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1446
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1447
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1448
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1450
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1451
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1454
- Microsoft Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures CVE-2020-1456
Note To apply this security update, you must have the release version of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2019 installed on the computer.
Improvements and fixes
- The accessibility experience of the SharePoint App Launcher is improved for better integration with assistive technologies.
- "The Unattended Service Account Application ID is not specified or has an invalid value" health rule does not work in a multi-server farm topology that uses MinRole server roles. This update fixes this issue.
- You get different search results when you search for the plural and singular forms of the same word in German.
- Images in a .vsdx file aren't displayed when the file is opened in a browser by using Visio Services.
- Office document versions are getting trimmed when preservation hold is enabled.
- Fixes an error that occurs when you select the Sync button in the classic document library web part.
- Fixes a memory leak problem that could cause memory bottlenecks and performance issues on web front-end (WFE) servers if there are thousands of site collections across the farm.
- Required Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA)-level attributes are not provided for the SharePoint site Brand bar.
- Focus is moved to the first input box when you activate Invite people and Shared with in the Share dialog box.
- Users who are granted permissions to a SharePoint site through a security group cannot complete a SharePoint 2013 workflow.
- Users receive an "access denied" message when they set Manage User Permissions in the User Profile Service Application.
- Users cannot do machine translation with SharePoint Server 2019 because of the following error: "The service application required to complete this request is unavailable."
- The accessibility experience of the SharePoint Search ICON button is improved for better integration with assistive technologies.
- The accessibility experience of the SharePoint Command Bar is improved for better integration with assistive technologies.
- Query suggestions aren’t shown in non-default zone web application.
- Different SharePoint Framework apps show the same name in the modern site contents page in the app catalog site.
- Tooltips are not accessible to keyboards for various controls that appear when users create a news post.
- Alt attributes are missing in the Sharepoint.aspx site.
- The program does not navigate the second level "group by" in document views.
- The program does not open lookup fields in modern list web parts.
- The program does not create list items from modern Personal sites.
- The modern OneDrive page does not show the folder icon when you change to tiles view if the server isn’t connected to the internet.
- Query suggestions aren't shown in non-default zone web application.
- It is now possible to update task custom field values through the REST API.
- Editing a project in Project Web App or approving status updates uses the Project Calculation Service (PCS). In some situations, PCS crashes when it closes a project. The crash details as seen when viewed in the Unified Logging Service (ULS) log (or in the Windows event logs) resembles the following:
"The worker encountered a very serious error and will shutdown. Exception code was: 0xc0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION)."
How to get and install the update
Method 1: Microsoft Update
This update is available from Microsoft Update. When you turn on automatic updating, this update will be downloaded and installed automatically. For more information about how to get security updates automatically, see Windows Update: FAQ.
Method 2: Microsoft Update Catalog
To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Method 3: Microsoft Download Center
You can get the standalone update package through the Microsoft Download Center. Follow the installation instructions on the download page to install the update.
Security update deployment information
For deployment information about this update, see security update deployment information: July 14, 2020.
Security update replacement information
This security update replaces previously released security update 4484400.
File hash information
|File name||SHA1 hash||SHA256 hash|
The English (United States) version of this software update installs files that have the attributes that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). The dates and times for these files on your local computer are displayed in your local time together with your current daylight saving time (DST) bias. Additionally, the dates and times may change when you perform certain operations on the files.