Service Update 16 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 9.1.0 is now available. This article describes the hotfixes and updates that are included in Service Update 16.
Please note that our naming conventions have changed to clarify the link between the version number and service update. For example, Service Update 16 will correspond to version number 16XX. Occasionally a Service Update will be canceled and all the associated fixes will be rolled into the next Service Update, thus Service Update numbers will not always increase incrementally.
As this release is deployed globally, we will continue to add fixes and the version number may change. Check this article regularly as we continue to document fixes added to this release.
|Update package||Version number|
|Service Update 16 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 9.1.0||184.108.40.2067|
To determine whether your organization had this update applied, check your Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online version number. Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner, and then click About.
Service Update 16 resolves the following issues:
The following list details issues whose resolutions improve the speed or functionality of Dynamics.
- Incremental system-wide performance improvements have been made in this update.
The following list details issues whose resolutions correct actions performed in Dynamics that do not work as intended.
- The Description field was not auto-expanding, requiring users to select the visible data to see the hidden content.
- Duplicate appointments were created in Dynamics and Exchange when the "Track Appointments From NonOrganizer" setting was used.
- Outgoing emails sent successfully after failing validation.
The following list details issues whose resolutions repair items in Dynamics that are not functioning.
- Documents uploaded to SharePoint online from CRM online were not visible in the sub-grid.
- Rows in the Schedule Board were not aligned when the browser it was displayed on was in a zoomed state.
- Email routing services failed, preventing emails from being sent.
- Turkish organizations failed to provision because the Lead Management SP possessed the incorrect casing.
- Form headers were clipped off when displayed in the Chrome browser.
- Cases could not be created from related entity subgrids.
- Entity records could not be created or edited in the classic Web UI.
- Hyperlinks did not function unless they were set to open a new window or tab.
- UI was not setting the active stage correctly, resulting in data inconsistencies.
- Custom icons in custom entities used to set regarding displayed too large or were invisible.
- SharePoint's document location was not appending the Contact GUID when the location was created from a Child entity.
- The "+ New Task" button was not functioning.
- Leads could not be qualified in a real-time workflow using "Duplicate Detection".
- Outgoing email messages could not send when the mailbox contained an email with no server profile.
- Custom activities could not be added from the Entity Timeline in Unified Interface.
- When metadata was received as part of offline syncs, view selectors did not have a valid user metadata version.
Error Messages, Exceptions, and Failures
The following list details issues whose resolutions correct actions that produce errors, unhandled exceptions, or system or component failures.
- SQL timeouts occurred when importing solutions using async requests via Async Service instead of the Web Application Server.
- An error occurred when installing a gamification solution.
- An error occurred when attempting to send emails with attachments.