Dynamics 365 for Outlook, version 9.0 (Outlook client) Update 1.0 is now available. This article describes the hotfixes and updates that are included in Update 1.0.
|Update package||Version number|
|Dynamics 365 for Outlook, version 9.0 (Outlook client) Update 1.0||184.108.40.2061|
To determine whether your organization had this update applied, check your Microsoft Dynamics for Outlook version number. To do this, click File, and then Office Account.
Dynamics 365 for Outlook, version 9.0 (Outlook client) Update 1.0 is now available.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
To determine whether your organization had this update applied, check your Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online version number. Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner, and then click About.
Update 1.0 resolves the following issues:
The following list details issues whose resolutions improve the speed or functionality of Dynamics 365 for Outlook.
- Incremental system-wide performance improvements have been made in this update.
The following list details issues whose resolutions correct actions performed in Dynamics 365 for Outlook that do not work as intended.
- Upon selecting "Synchronize with Dynamics 365", the status of completed instances of recurring appointments changed to "Open."
- After selecting a column in Outlook to sort it, the values in the column disappeared until the user moused over the column's cells.
- When opened from a dashboard in Outlook, the Record window opened in the background.
- When "Match only the Items I own" option was chosen, all custom entity records appeared in Address Book.
- Duplicate contacts were created in Outlook when an exception occurred during its initial synchronization.
The following list details issues whose resolutions repair items in Dynamics 365 for Outlook that are not functioning.
- All email tabs collapsed when attempting to set regarding from an email tab.
- Deleted current appointments still appeared in Outlook for the owner.
- Outlook froze when setting regarding while mail notifications were visible.
- Tracking a sent email in Outlook failed if the email had already been tracked and untracked.
- Updates to appointments tracked using Set Regarding in Outlook were not synchronized to CRM.
- An error occurred when running reports containing internal URL's.
- After selecting "Go Offline", the resulting synchronization process does not complete if it's interrupted by closing and reopening Outlook.
- Metadata information printed unexpectedly when printing an email containing an Option Set field that was added after tracking the email.
- Custom button displays differed between Outlook and the web client.
- When the user selected "Synchronize with CRM", the Synchronizing Microsoft Dynamics CRM Data window appeared, but the email never synchronized.
- CRM entries/buttons in the context menu and command bar were grayed out when a task was selected in the Outlook task folder.
- User-defined CRM fields in appointment entities could not be updated from the Outlook client.
- All reminders of recurring appointments were set to "None".
- When sending emails containing an Exchange user in the "To:" line, those emails were not promoted.
- The "Help me resolve this issue" link did not function when Outlook was configured in a particular way.
Error Messages, Exceptions, and Failures
The following list details issues whose resolutions correct actions that produce errors, unhandled exceptions, or system or component failures.
- An error occurred when using folder-based tracking without setting regarding.
- An error occurred when expanding organization folders in Outlook for the first time when logged in as a roaming profile user.