Service Update 34 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 9.1.0 is now available. This article describes the hotfixes and updates that are included in Service Update 34.
Please note that our naming conventions have changed to clarify the link between the version number and service update. For example, Service Update 34 will correspond to version number 34XX. Occasionally a Service Update will be canceled and all the associated fixes will be rolled into the next Service Update, thus Service Update numbers will not always increase incrementally.
As this release is deployed globally, we will continue to add fixes and the version number may change. Check this article regularly as we continue to document fixes added to this release.
|Update package||Version number|
|Service Update 34 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 9.1.0||184.108.40.20602 (or higher)|
To determine whether your organization had this update applied, check your Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online version number. Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner, and then click About.
Service Update 34 resolves the following issues:
The following list details issues whose resolutions improve the speed or functionality of Dynamics.
- Incremental system-wide performance improvements have been made in this update.
The following list details issues whose resolutions correct actions performed in Dynamics that do not work as intended.
- Recommendation messages overlapped when displaying in UCI using Internet Explorer 11.
- The names of a view still used plural verbiage when only one contact remained in the view.
- When refreshed, forms displayed on the Web with an inconsistent hybrid of the 8.2 version style and the 9.0 version style.
- Multiselect option fields were not filtering results, resulting in all account being shown.
The following list details issues whose resolutions repair items in Dynamics that are not functioning.
- X-axis/Y-axis labels were not displayed correctly for histogram charts and bar charts.
- Database timeouts caused "Add to Queue Batch" requests to fail.
- Sandbox plugins did not function in Outlook's offline mode.
- When an editable grid was placed on a form, focus was automatically placed on the grid when the form loaded.
- Only associated views were shown by associated grids' view selectors.
- Appointments did not synchronize to Exchange when setting the regarding object for appointments.
- The phone call descriptions did not populate in the social pane.
- The "Recall requests for approval" view was not visible in the PSA app module.
- The back button needed to be selected twice to return to a previous page in the Chrome and Internet Explorer browsers.
- Adding a website preview control to a URL field produced no results.
- Entries were created in the Attribute Lookup Value table when an imported managed solution contained lookup types in a custom lookup field.
- The ribbon became unresponsive when gray panels were rendering.
- Custom entity forms failed to load when using version 73.0.3683.86 of the Chrome browser.
- Lookups utilized outdated parent values after the parent lookup was changed.
- When navigating from Unified Client, the button to allow the navigation between pages on a view was grayed out.
- Email addresses and phone numbers could not be copied in quick view forms using the Chrome browser.
Error Messages, Exceptions, and Failures
The following list details issues whose resolutions correct actions that produce errors, unhandled exceptions, or system or component failures.
- Patch solutions failed with an error.
- "Cleans up Solution components" system jobs failed with a SQL error.
- An "Insufficient Privileges" error occurred when editing "User Entitlement Term" in a case.
- Data management imports failed with an error.
- Tracking appointments failed in the Reporting Outlook app.
- An error occurred when a long table name, relationship, or attribute name was entered.
- An error occurred when making any changes when mobile offline was enabled.
- A blank screen appeared in place of a permission error message in Unified Client.