Assume that you run a query with a WHERE or HAVING clause on a table with a columnstore index in Microsoft SQL Server 2014, 2016 and 2017.
If all the following have occurred:
- The filter has been pushed down to the columnstore index.
- Error on overflow is disabled by setting ARITHABORT and ANSI_WARNINGS to OFF.
- There is an overflow in the filter expressions.
In this case, the query may return wrong results.
This issue is fixed in the following cumulative updates for SQL Server:
- Cumulative Update 15 for SQL Server 2017
- Cumulative Update 7 for SQL Server 2016 SP2
- Cumulative Update 15 for SQL Server 2016 SP1
- Cumulative Update 3 for SQL Server 2014 SP3
- Cumulative Update 17 for SQL Server 2014 SP2
About cumulative updates for SQL Server:
Each new cumulative update for SQL Server contains all the hotfixes and all the security fixes that were included with the previous cumulative update. Check out the latest cumulative updates for SQL Server: